Monday, August 4, 2008

Random Thoughts...

I know I've been out of the higher education loop for a while and we all know that everything is expensive right now. But give me a break! Over $600 for textbooks?? WTF!!! I guess there is a slight break if I can get used books - a whopping 25% savings - Woohoo!

I have this uncanny ability to walk into a store and pick out the most expensive item - I guess the same holds true for schools and books. Since I'm not working anymore, I guess I should work on this...I did buy 'generic' laundry soap and fabric softner the other day at Sam's (don't tell my mom). So far so good, my clothes aren't falling apart yet and they smell clean so I figure we're all right.

Ron and I had dinner with friends last Friday night - we had a blast! Its been so long since we've been out without the baby and it was nice to have some adult interaction. We're going out for restaurant week here in Dallas in a couple weeks and I'm looking forward to that - Nobu - haven't been their yet and as a closet foodie I'm totally stoked. It will be a nice close to my first couple days of school.

I'm going to OKC this week. I know my family is chomping at the bit to see my little man. Who wouldn't want to...he's too freakin' cute. He had 8 of his 10 fingers in his mouth this morning and just couldn't figure out why he kept choking and coughing. I got picture of it on my phone but I can't figure out how to get it to my email - I'm pretty much inept at those type of things. So, I guess you'll have to trust I'm telling the truth about his cuteness.

I just finished The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. I'm glad Ron wasn't here - I was in tears - he generally gives me a hard time about crying over books (he still ribs me about crying when Professor Dumbledore died...it was very sad, by the way). This is such an appropriate book for where I'm at in life right now - if you haven't read it (it's very short) or watched his Last Lecture, I would definitely recommend it.

I suppose those are enough random thoughts...

Take care!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I didn't realize that the books had increased that much! I knew they were expensive when I was in school but, that's crazy! Guess these are probably books you'll keep forever then right! :)
Neal and I are going to MN on Thurs. morning and Jill will be keeping the girls...say prayers that they all survive...especially Jill. :) I'm sure she'll do great!