Monday, September 1, 2008

The Pressure....

A pressure cooker is designed to cook things faster by increasing the pressure under which they are cooked....as the pressure inside increases, the boiling point decreases...I'm a foodie and could probably explain why eggs are good "binders" - lecithin - and tell how pressure cookers work. But I'm at a loss for valence shells and orbitals, be they s, p, d, or f.

Both are science - one is interesting to me and one just really new (and sometimes not at all interesting). But the later is my future and I've got to be successful (aka, get an A in chemistry).

I have never in all my life, even with motherhood looming, felt such enormous pressure to succeed. I have put everything on the line to follow my dreams and am terrified that it won't work out.

Okay, so I'm venting. I've spent most of my "holiday" weekend in tears because I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders. What do I do in response, I cook - go to something I know. I made casseroles and reminded myself that I am capable of great things - as we all are.

If I can make a textbook zabaione for my killer Tiramisu, then I can master basic quantum mechanics. At least that is what I keep telling myself, they both are daunting - one is just more familiar...

This too shall pass and I will be given no more than I can bear...it will be worth it when all is said and done.

Thanks for listening...

Take care!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Hang in there my friend!!!! I've been stressing over a presentation that my boss & I have tomorrow to the President of JCP.....this too will pass!

luv ya!