Sunday, July 31, 2011

Done Orienting...

Many of you have requested I start a blog - little did you know I already had one ;)

I started medical school on July 26, 2010.  I still can't believe it is really happening. My life will never be the same. I am grateful, humbled, and honored to be at LMU-DCOM.

I hope to share some stories along the way. For now I have studying to do (imagine that). Let me leave this post with a quote I read when I started this journey in 2008:

"The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people!"

-Randy Pausch (1960-2008)

I loved that quote then and it has even more meaning for me now.  Nothing is impossible. You have to have faith in yourself and your ability. You have to work hard. But above all else, you can never give up.

Take care! 

No comments: